No matter what type of service you’re hiring, you want to know you’re getting the highest-quality work. In order to ensure you’re using the best company for the job, you’ll probably look up various companies on websites like Angie’s List. While recommendations and reviews from strangers online can be helpful, there’s no better way to make sure you’re hiring a good company than by asking them some questions yourself. Here are a few things to ask before you hire a demolition contractor in Kansas City to do a job for you:
- Are you licensed and insured? Believe it or not, it takes more than a sledgehammer and wrecking ball to start a demolition company! All of a demolition company’s employees have to be properly trained and licensed to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them. A demolition contractor also has to be insured to take on liability if something does go awry on the job site. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured, so you can rest easy knowing we’re capable of handling any job safely and efficiently.
- Do you have references? Any reputable demolition contractor in Kansas City will be more than happy to provide you with a list of previous clients you can call to find out about the company. We stand by all of our previous work and can proudly provide you with contact information for customers we’ve worked for in the past.
- Have you performed similar jobs in the past? Each demolition project is a little bit different from the last. We have many years of experience in the industry, so it’s safe to say that we’ve seen every kind of demolition project you can imagine.
- What’s included in the quote? If a quote for a demolition job seems too good to be true, it probably is. There are quite a few companies out there who will quote you a low price, only to throw in a bunch of hidden fees at the end when they give you a bill. Some of the fees that a company might charge include debris removal, or disconnecting wiring and plumbing. Make sure you know what you’re paying for before you agree to hire a demolition contractor in Kansas City.
- What will happen to the debris? A demolition job isn’t complete until the debris from the old building or structure is completely removed from the site. Before you agree to hire a demolition contractor, you want to be sure that the company will haul the debris for you. The last thing you want to do is have to hire a separate company to come in and remove the rubble. You may also want to find out where that rubble is going. Does the contractor plan on trying to recycle any of it, or is the company just taking it all off to the dump?
Give Midland Wrecking Inc. a call today and ask our friendly employees any of the above questions, and anything else that pops into your head. We look forward to serving as your demolition contractor in Kansas City!