It’s not unusual to fail to notice that your pool or deck needs a major makeover until summer rolls around. Summer is, after all, prime time for outdoor fun. Let’s say you decided to take the time to tear down a sizable structure or break up a foundation on your property, little by little. That likely took you quite a while to accomplish, which is why you may want to consider hiring a professional debris removal service to deal with the aftermath and haul away the garbage.
With this in mind, here are some popular summertime home remodeling projects that call for professional debris cleanup in Kansas City:
- Deck or wrapped porch: Looking at your wood deck or wraparound porch before demolition, you wouldn’t expect there to be many small pieces—because it’s built exclusively out of wood or composite planks, right? However, if the wood has been reduced to a rotten state, it will easily split and fall apart. Unless you’re planning to reuse any of the boards, a wrecking crew will tear it out rather than manually disassembling every screw from each individual plank and beam.
- In-ground pool: There are a few scenarios in which you’d want to remove an in-ground swimming pool, such as a pool with severe structural damage, like big cracks or extreme surface corrosion. Rather than attempt repairs, why not replace the pool. This is especially sensible in the case of pools that need many repairs every summer. Other times, a new homeowner may decide they don’t want the pool that came with their home. Get all that concrete, tile and stone taken out so something else can go in its spot.
- Patio foundation: All types of foundations are susceptible to damage caused by human error or nature. For example, it can take years for invasive tree roots to crack your patio foundation, or mere seconds for a dropped heavy object to chip, crack and break concrete slabs. Removing busted chunks of concrete is a messy process, which is all the more reason to call in a company for debris cleanup in Kansas City.
- Siding: With the wet season gone, now is the time to replace your home’s siding. Why? Because house insulation materials and the insides of your walls get exposed during the entire process, and you don’t want to trap moisture in the walls. Also, cleanup is much simpler when the sun is shining and debris is not getting blown around.
- Roofing: Shingles, tar paper, staples and even parts of your gutter may need to be removed and disposed of to install a replacement roof. It’s a strenuous task that involves making a mess of the ground below. To avoid dealing with a scattered mess later, have a debris removal crew at the ready—bye-bye, old roof!
Before starting a big home remodeling project this summer, consider hiring the team at Midland Wrecking Inc. for debris cleanup in Kansas City. When you let us do the cleaning, you get the chance to relax or get started right away on a new home project.