At Midland Wrecking Inc., we have been working to provide high quality residential and commercial demolition in Kansas City since 1987, and we are currently looking for some additional drivers to join our team. In order to drive for Midland Wrecking Inc., you need a Class A commercial driver’s license.
A Class A CDL allows you to operate a variety of different vehicles, including tractor trailers, trailer busses, livestock carriers, flatbeds, tanker vehicles and truck and trailer combinations. With a Class A license, a driver is able to operate vehicles weighing 26,001 pounds or more with a towed vehicle weighing more than 10,000 pounds. Obtaining your Class A CDL can offer a myriad of benefits, and opens the door to many different jobs. You can become a Class A licensed driver in a matter of just a few weeks by following a pretty straightforward process:
- Obtain a CDL manual: The first thing you will have to do in order to get your Class A CDL is to get a copy of the CDL manual for your state. You can find this at a local DMV office, or you can download it from your state’s DMV website.
- Determine vehicle type: You will need to determine what kind of vehicle you want to be licensed to drive in order to identify which class of commercial driver’s license you will need.
- Research necessary endorsements: In some cases, depending on the specific type of vehicle that you are wanting to drive, you will need an endorsement. These endorsements are obtained by passing a skills test or a written test.
- Begin with your permit: Before you obtain your Class A CDL, you have to get a commercial learner’s permit. This permit allows you to drive on the road as long as you have a commercially licensed driver with you in the passenger seat. In order to obtain this permit, you will need to take a written test. Additionally, your driving record will be screened, and you may be required to complete a DOT physical to ensure that you are medically qualified to operate commercial vehicles.
- Take testing for your CDL: After you have had your learner’s permit for at least two weeks, you are eligible to take the test for your CDL. The test generally includes a vehicle inspection test, a test of basic controls and then a road test.
Become a part of a team that offers exceptional service and a superior degree of quality in every project that we complete by applying at Midland Wrecking Inc. For nearly 30 years, we have been a family owned and operated provider of commercial demolition in Kansas City that serves customers across a wide variety of industries. We are currently in need of Class A licensed drivers to become a part of our team. If you are currently licensed or are pursuing a Class A CDL and are looking for a great work environment, give us a call to find out more about how to apply!